Saturday, March 31, 2012

Jelly Sammy - OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y? and Rainbow Connection

I am excited to show you my first jelly sandwich today!  I can't remember the first time I saw pictures of this mani style, but I knew I loved it.  I only own one jelly finish polish and it already has glitter in it, so I didn't think that would work.  After consulting some of my nail polish friends I knew which ones I had to hunt for; the OPI sorbets from the Texas collection.  I picked up one for free with a credit I had and before even trying it I knew I would want others.  I picked up two more at a small polish shop I found in my area.  That was a goldmine - glad I found it!  More glad I got more OPI sorbets because I am swooning over this mani!


I am wearing 2 coats of OPI Do You Think I'm Tex-y? with 2 coats of OPI Rainbow Connection.   I topped it off with 1 more coat of DYTIT and no top coat.  That's 5 coats of polish, 6 if you include the base coat.  My nails do not feel heavy or thick.  DYTIT is a very light polish, it's a pinky-red color.  It goes on very smooth and sheer with the first layer but built nicely with the second.  You would probably need at least 4 layers to get an opaque color - but that's not really the point of a jelly.  It's meant to be sheer and glossy.   I put 2 layers of Rainbow Connection on top, getting my nails nice and covered in multi-colored and multi-sized glitters.  One last coat of DYTIT and I was good to go!  Dry time was fast, even without a top coat.  


I really like this combo and will be trying my other OPI sorbets soon!  Do you like the finish of the jelly and sorbet polishes?






1 comment: