Monday, November 26, 2012

Live and Let Die + The Captain

It's such a low posting month for me, I apologize for that.  Life has been crazy.  Kids have been injury-prone, then holidays have been time consuming.  But I have a lovely little post to share today…a color combination that is very festive and seasonal.
I started with 2 coats of OPI Live and Let Die, from the new Skyfall collection.  This green is a real stunner!  It's a deep forest green with gold shimmer.  This shimmer isn't a 'hide while indoors, come out to play when outside,' you can see it very well all the time.  The formula of LaLD was wonderful.  No streaks, no pooling, great coverage.  It's definitely one of the stand out colors in the collection (at least in my opinion, but I'm a green gal).  
I then topped LaLD with Red Dog Designs The Captain, from The Original Series collection.  You can see my post for The Engineer here.  The Captain is a great take on Captain Kirk, and I can envision him in action with his phaser in hand!  Here's a picture just in case you don't know who The Captain is.  


But I digress, back to The Captain, the polish.  Hello golden beauty!  TC is a wonderful mix of different sized gold hexs and micro glitter.  It went on smoothly, with loads of glitter coming out with each brush dip.  TC lay flat and was smooth with 2 coats of topcoat.  

You can purchase The Captain and other lovely polish from Red Dog Designs at the store.  Be sure to follow Red Dog Designs on facebook for updates!







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment