Friday, May 24, 2013

ellagee Electrosynthomagnetic

I saved this ellagee polish for last.  Why you ask?  Because this particular polish takes it's inspiration from one of my all time favorite things about Disneyland.  Electrosynthomagnetic is a nod to the Electric Light Parade.  One of the best parades EVER.  I remember being at Disneyland as a kid and my family would find seats along a Main Street curb as it was getting dark. Once it was fully nighttime the electronic music would start and floats lit up in hundreds, thousands of rainbow colored lights would parade down Main Street.  The music was fun, the floats were funny.  I wish this parade were still around because I think my kids would enjoy it as much as I did when I was their age.  Ah memories.

I recently reviewed other polishes from the ellagee World of Laughter collection.  You can see Welcome, Foolish Mortals here and the Birds Sing Words here.  You can follow ellagee on Facebook and Instagram (ellageepolish) and can purchase her creations at www.ellagee.com.

So here's Electrosynthomagnetic.  (I honestly can't even look at this polish without hearing the parade music in my head).  It's " a clear base with black, red, orange, gold, green, blue, purple, gold holographic, and silver holographic hexagon glitters."  The perfect polish to layer over a zillion different colors!  I chose to layer it over 2 coats of China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard, a shimmery neon green.  It's it fun?  I love it.  Electrosynthomagnetic was another great formula.  I used 2 coats and the glitter was suspended well in the base, the glitters came out easily and spread well on my nails.  No stray or bumpy glitters, and 1 layer of topcoat to gloss it up.  









And again like The Birds Sing Words, I couldn't just layer Electosynthomagnetic over one polish, I had to try it over 2.  I picked Color Club Beyond for my second run.  It's a black linear holo and it was a great base color for a polish that was inspired by night time party fun.  You can see more of the rainbow colored glitters in this combo.  I used 2 coats of Beyond, 1 coat of Electrosynthimagnetic and 1 layer of topcoat.  So which was your favorite combo?  These 2 are a tie for me.







*this polish was provided for my honest opinion and review

Here's a link to the Electric Light Parade on Main Street Disneyland.  It's a long-ish video, but if you watch the fist minute or two you will see the parade, lights and the inspiration to the polish.  Take a gander and enjoy the song!







Pin It
Instagram



6 comments:

  1. Oooooo nice! It's so cool over the holo! I loved making this polish cause this parade is one of my first Disneyland memories, I remember sitting up on my dad's shoulders to watch it and being mesmerized. Thanks so much for the amazing reviews, you rock! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so so pretty over the holo !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it both ways! I equally love neon and holo. Too hard to pick a fave.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love boh of these. How come I haven't heard of that green China Glaze??? How did a green get past me?? I need to look into this further :)

    ReplyDelete