Friday, March 14, 2014

Glitter Week: Day 5, Red Dog Designs

Hullo there!  Welcome back to Glitter Week!  It's Day 5 and I have lots of blingy Red Dog Designs to show you!  I've reviewed my fair share of Red Dog's on my blog and you can probably guess but it's one of my favorite brands for glitter bombs!  If you are new to the brand just take a gander at these pictures and trust me - you will want them!  But I have to mention that the majority of the polishes in this post were customs so you won't be able to get them.  But worry not my dears, Gina has so many amazing glitters in her shop that I know you will find something that will make you feel happy!

*some of the polishes in this post were gifts*

Red Dog Designs: Shop, Facebook, Instagram

The first combination is a duo of customs that I had Gina make for me when I ran the Tinkerbell 10K in January of this year.  I really wanted to channel Tinkerbell and these came out so perfectly, I couldn't have been happier and my nails couldn't have been prettier!  I started with I Believe In Fairies, a perfect Tinkerbell green holo with a soft linear holo effect.  I Believe In Fairies was very creamy and opaque in 2 coats.  I then topped it with Eat My Pixie Dust, a glitter bomb full of green, iridescent and holo glitters in hex, circle and butterfly shapes.  I used 2 coats of Eat My Pixie Dust.  Formula and application were both great.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  




And here's a picture of my mani and the medal I received for finishing the race.  I liked this picture because you can see how Eat My Pixie Dust and I Believe In Fairies looks when worn a different way!  


Aloha From Hawaii <3 Elvis is a pretty and fun blend of flower shaped glitters with aqua metallic and holo hexs and holo shimmer.   I am pretty sure this is the polish that sold me on flower shaped glitters.  This is so adorable and fun and I love how it really does remind me of a pretty Hawaiian Lei.  Formula and application of Aloha From Hawaii <3 Elvis were both fabulous.  I had no problems getting the flower glitter out of the bottle and they laid flat on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Aloha From Hawaii <3 Elvis over 2 coats of Enchanted Polish Ballerina Sprinkles.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.





Now this gorgeous circle glitter combination was a gift, but it was so popular in one of the nail polish groups I am in Gina decided to rename it and sell it to the masses!  My bottle is named something that I'd rather not share, but you can pick you your bottle of Ball Pit in her shop any time!  Just look at how amazing it is!  I do have a slight obsession with circle glitters!  Ball Pit is nothing but holo and metallic circles in different sizes with holo shimmer in a clear base.  Formula and application were both awesome.  I had tons of glitters come out and they spread well on my nails.  I used 2 coats of Ball Pit over 2 coats of Enchanted Polish September 2013.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.   






Lucky Charms was the LE polish for St. Patrick's Day last year.  So as you guessed it, no longer available.  But there is a new trio available this month and I'll have those on my blog later today!  Lucky Charms is a super fun mix of green, gold and rainbow colored glitters.  Of course the addition of circle and square glitters just makes it better!  The formula and application were both great.  I used 3 coats of Lucky Charms over 2 coats of China Glaze GR8.  





Bunny Sprinkles is another LE from 2013.  This was available for Easter/April.  Bunny Sprinkles is super adorable and draws inspiration from jelly beans in Easter grass.  I think Gina did a great job capturing that with Bunny Sprinkles.  This one is full of matte pink bars, holo and metallic glitters in a rainbow of colors.  Of course there is a good dose of holo shimmer.  I think this is a unique and fun glitter topper!  Formula and application were both great.  I used 2 coats of Bunny Sprinkles over 2 coats of Zoya Julie.  





Honey Balls is another creation I came up with one night and Gina made it happen.  There is a dessert treat here that I simply adore, Bamiyeh.  They are a Persian pastry treat and are essentially fried balls donut balls with some spices, completely drenched in honey.  There is even honey inside so you are eating the most yummy honey goodness ever.  Anyways, Gina threw together this gorgeous blend of satin yellow and metallic gold circles with a heavy dose of micro glitter and holo shimmer in a lightly yellow tinted base!  Loved the formula and application of Honey Balls.  I used 2 coats of Honey Balls over 2 coats of Bettina Marshmallow.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  And now I am totally craving Bamiyeh.  





This is definitely one of my favorites....Mermaid Princess Naomi.  Yes, this is another custom.  I had it made for Naomi's first birthday party last year.  Gina is so thoughtful with her polish creations.  She made sure to use smaller glitters so they would fit on Noami's tiny little nails, and they did!  But these are pics of my nails.  Mermaid Princess Naomi is a mix of blue, green, gold and purple glitters in a clear base with holo shimmer.  The formula and application were both fabulous.  I used 2 coats of Mermaid Princess Naomi over 2 coats of Enchanted Polish July 2013.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.  





Mardi Gras is one of my favorite days to celebrate!  I love the festive mood, the drinks, the food, the decorations!  And I love last years LE (Here Comes)3 The Big Parade.  HCTBP is a perfect blend of green, gold and purple glitters in hex and circle shapes.  The are all smaller shaped glitters so they spread well on the nails and did a great job covering all the space.  Formula and application were both great.  I used 2 coats of HCTBP over 2 coats of Zoya Piaf.  I finished with 1 layer of topcoat.   




Pin It
Instagram

7 comments:

  1. I love any kinds of glitter so these are amazing and so different! Love the pairings too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Lisa! I love playing with different bases for my glitter toppers! Always looking for that perfect combination!

      Delete
  2. These are all gorgeous! My two favorites are Eat My Pixie Dust and Mermaid Princess Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my favorites too Melissa! Probably because they were made to pinpoint special times in my life!

      Delete
  3. I just love Bunny Sprinkles!! so different!!

    ReplyDelete