Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras Mani!

Yay it's Mardi Gras!  Fat Tuesday to be exact.  So you know what that means....Laissez les bon temps rouler (let the good times roll).  I have actually been to New Orleans for Mardi Gras before and it was one of the most fun places/events I have ever been to.  Amazing food, flowing drinks, everyone is happy and friendly.  I would go back in a heartbeat.  But since I am not there this year I am celebrating at home by planning a delicious cajun dinner.  I am also going to try a recipe for individual king cakes.  Yum yum!  Of course I have a great mani on too!  Let's take a look!

Red Dog Designs: Shop, Facebook, Instagram
China Glaze: Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Nubar: Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Sinful Colors: Website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter

I stared this mani with Sinful Colors Pistache on my index and middle finger nails.  A creamy pastel pistachio colored polish.  It made a perfect base for Red Dog Designs Harelquin Ball.  Harelquin Ball is a limited edition polish that is only available in March, so if you love it you need to snatch it up now!  Harlequin Ball is described as "various sized circle and diamond glitters, in shades of holo green, holo gold and purple, sprinkled with micro holo glitter."  There are 10 different glitters in this blend of awesome!  I used 2 coats of Harlequin Ball and found the formula fabulous.  The glitter came out easily and spread well on my nails.  I then used China Glaze LOL (a deep purple holo) on my ring finger nails, China Glaze GR8 (a golden yellow holo) on my pinkys and Nubar Reclaim (a medium shade green holo) on my thumbs.  I hand drew the diamond pattern in black over my thumb and pinky for a fun effect (be kind - I am not much a nail art person).   I then placed a "bead" necklace on top of LOL.  I laid it over my wet nail and covered it in topcoat.  I used 1-2 layers of topcoat on each nail.  












Pin It
Instagram

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to buy Harlequin Ball, even if Mardi Gras is today. It's a very pretty glitter and I have nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got it! It's only available until the end of March!

      Delete