Sunday, January 18, 2015

Battle of the Metallic Flakes! Comparison Post: Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror, Indigo Bananas Moonlight, Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown & Lacquistry Amazeballz

Morning dolls!  You know what I'm doing today.  Yup, more soccer.  Noah (my oldest) has 2 to 3 more games and I also have a game.  So I'll be kicking around in my warm ups all day and that's fine by me because they are darn comfy, and sporty!  So I'll be a Sporty Spice while out and about today!  But this post features futuristic nails, not sporty ones.   These silver (and gold) flakes are mighty robot-esque and totally cool.  There are plenty of makers who have a polish like this, or have added their own touch to it (different colored micro flakes, holo shimmer, colored pigment, mixture of flake grades, etc...) and I own enough of them to give you a little comparison post!  So let's jump in to the Battle of the Metallic Flakes!   

*nothing to disclose*

Cirque: Mirror Mirror
Indigo Bananas: Moonlight
Lacquistry: Amazeballz
Lumina Lacquer: Tinseltown

For each nail I used 2-3 coats of nail polish and NO topcoat.  What you see if what these polishes actually look like.  So lets begin with my index nail which is graced with Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror.  This is a Limited Edition polish and I swear I stalked it for a few days and it randomly popped up as available and I totally squeeed as I checked out.  Mirror Mirror is a "A highly reflective lacquer made with pure silver-coated flakes creating a mosaic mirror finish."  Formula and application were pretty awesome.  The flakes are larger and come out in abundance and spread well on the nail.  I used 2 coats and a little dabbing on a couple empty-ish spots.  

On my middle nail I have on Indigo Bananas Moonlight.  I have had this for a while and have worn it before a few times.  It's a "super shiny, real silver flakie based polish that has purple, black and holographic microglitter in it - the effect is super silvery, metallic and smooth but with an interesting visual texture."  I like the addition of the purple and black here, adds more interest to the polish.  Moonlight is the thinnest formula of the 4 brands, with tiny flakes.  The flakes come out fairly light so you need 3 to 4 coats for full coverage.  I used 3 coats of Moonlight for my pictures.  

On my accent nail I have the original gold flake polish, Amazeballz!  Amazeballz is a polish made of  "super fine particles of super reflective metal."  This one definitely leans more gold than silver, but you will see silver in the bottle.  The flakes are about the same size as the ones in Mirror Mirror, on the larger side.  Formula and application were both great.  I used 2 coats of Amazeballz and a little dabbing to cover empty spots.  If you prefer a gold shade then this one is for you!    

Finally I have Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown on my pinky nail.  Tinseltown is another Limited Edition polish and it's a "silver foil finish" polish.  It is made up of flakes but they are super tiny and fine.  So they do give full coverage compared to the other polishes in the group.  Tinseltown also seems to be a blend of gold and silver colors, but maybe my eyes are playing tricks on my.  I used 2 coats of Tinseltown.  

*direct sun*
Battle of the Metallic Flakes: Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror, Indigo Bananas Moonlight, Lacquistry Amazeballz & Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown

Battle of the Metallic Flakes: Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror, Indigo Bananas Moonlight, Lacquistry Amazeballz & Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown

Battle of the Metallic Flakes: Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror, Indigo Bananas Moonlight, Lacquistry Amazeballz & Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown

 *shade*
Battle of the Metallic Flakes: Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror, Indigo Bananas Moonlight, Lacquistry Amazeballz & Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown

 *artificial light*
Battle of the Metallic Flakes: Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror, Indigo Bananas Moonlight, Lacquistry Amazeballz & Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown

Battle of the Metallic Flakes: Cirque Colors Mirror Mirror, Indigo Bananas Moonlight, Lacquistry Amazeballz & Lumina Lacquer Tinseltown

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment