Friday, November 3, 2017

Shaklee Pumpkin Spice Energizing Shake Mix Shake

Evening friends!  I have a different post to share with you today.  I workout a lot, running 25+ miles a week, playing soccer, gym time a few times a week.  I also really like to eat.  I've never beeline to deprive myself of a full meal and dessert.  But as I get older I notice I don't always stay as slim as I used to be with this routine.  So I started incorporating a shake into my daily (every other daily) routine as a way to lower calories without starving myself.  I have been drinking this product for a couple months now and have gone through 2 replacements already!  I'm not entirely sure if it's the flavor that has me hooked or that I genuinely don't really need that huge lunch and this is the perfect replacement.  Whatever it is I decided to share it with you.  I have never heard of Shaklee before, but they are a pretty large brand selling house cleaning products, meal replacements and supplements and a new skin care line.  I'm going to share my thoughts on the Energizing Shake Mix in Pumpkin Spice flavor.  You can purchase this product in Pumpkin Spice or a selection of other flavors for $50 - $90 depending on the size.  Let's jump in so I can tell you more about this shake and how I feel about it.

*nothing to disclose*

Shaklee: Shop, Facebook, Instagram

Alrighty, let me start by saying I am not a nutritionalist or dietitian.  This is just a product that was recommended to me and I tried it.  What sold me on this shake was the flavor.  Pumpkin Spice, hell yes!  So let's run though some of the key points to this product.  It's a protein rich soy meal shake that helps increase your energy, help retain lean muscle, and support digestive and immune health.  Let me speak to these statements.  I drink this at lunch time in lieu of a meal, typically after I've gone for a run or some type of workout.  I have also replaced breakfast with this shake if I went overboard at dinner.  I mix it with almond milk and guesstimate it's about 20-300 calories. I definitely do not feel tired within the few hours after I've drank it, but around the 3 hour mark I am hungry and moving slow, ready for a nap.  Not sure if it's helping with my lean muscle mass, but I do think it's made me feel a bit slimmer over the last couple weeks.  Anyways, as I said, I am by no means educated enough to tell you to use this as a meal replacement, I just know what works for my body.  And I wanted to share a product that I have found useful with my readers.


Shaklee Pumpkin Spice Shake as 16 grams of soy-based protein, 9 grams of amino acids, Omega 3, no artificial flavors or sweeteners.  It's also gluten free, lactose free, low glycemic index and kosher.  




This particular flavor only comes in the canister size.  But there are different size options for the other flavors.  Speaking of flavor, let's chat about that.  This shake has a subtle and yummy pumpkin spice flavor.  I don't think it would mix well with water so I mix it with vanilla almond milk.  It's actually thicker than other shakes that I've tried, maybe that's because of the almond milk?  I just put 2 scoops into 14-16 ounces of almond milk with ice, into my shaker, give it a good shake and lunch is served.


So what meal replacement food products do you use to cut back on calorie intake?  Bars, shakes, juices, only vegetable salads?  I'm curious to know so please share!  Recipes welcome!  

Pin It
Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment